Age of Robots Forum Use Agreement and Guidelines
The Age of Robots forum is a bulletin board to discuss topics directly related to technology and the areas we regularly cover on this website. The following usage agreement and general guidelines applies to anyone who chooses to be part of the community and posts comments on this website.
Our forums and comment sections of this website is open to the public and we do not completely curate the conversations, nor can we review every message posted. We try our best to monitor the content on our forum and comments sections but may miss content that is not accurate or indecent or goes against the writing guidelines.
As a user of this service you agree to not post anything you know is false, defamatory, inflammatory, abusive, hateful, inaccurate, threatening, invasive of privacy or violating any laws. Nor will you post copyright material that is not yours or owned by Dahlitz Media. You will not promote your own commercial interests (this is not free advertising space), nor will you use this site to defraud anyone.
We cannot vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message and cannot be held liable for any damages caused by any messages posted by the community on this site. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of Dahlitz Media. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Dahlitz Media Pty Ltd and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s).
Moderators do their best to monitor the messages, but if you feel something is objectionable please contact us and we will make a determination about the content and take it down if necessary. We do reserve the right to delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever. We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of legal action arising from any message posted by you.
General Rules For Commenting
- Comply with the agreement stated above.
- Adhere to moderators directives: Moderators are here to keep the forum safe and enjoyable for everyone. If they ask you to stop talking about a topic, stay on topic, stop bad behaviour, etc, please follow their directives.
- No trolling, personal attacks, or inflammatory comments: Attacking, discrediting, verbally abusing anyone on the forum is not OK and will not be tolerated. You can be critical of ideas but don’t attack the people offering those ideas.
- No pornographic, sexually offensive, sexually explicit, or objectifying material: Moderators will use their judgment here but it’s very simple – offensive material will be taken down and the member will be banned.
- Maintain the privacy of others: Unless you have their express permission, do not post other’s private phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc.
- Each forum member may have only one account.
- Each forum member must maintain e-mail: All users must provide a current, frequently read e-mail address in his/her internal profile.
- Keep your language clean.
- No Spamming: No commercial-oriented posts, and no flooding with useless content or content designed to engage readers into forum wars or trolling other sites. This includes signatures with links to your personal blog, project, or commercial product as well as usernames that contain URLs in whole or part.
- Use descriptive subject lines for your posts: This reduces the chances of double-posting, and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don’t want to read.
- Post in the right forum: Please look at all the forums and post in the right one!
- No commercial signatures. Keep your commercial links and messages out of your signatures.
- Respect and abide by the decisions of the moderators.