Clear all

Starlink Satellites Interfering with Astronomy  

RSS

Jachin Dahlitz
(@jachin)
Staff Admin
07/08/2020 3:10 pm  
wpf-cross-image

[dropcap style="font-size: 60px; color: #9b9b9b;"]I[/dropcap]f you were to look up into the night sky, among the many stars you would likely see a Starlink satellite - or several of them. With the potential for fast, reliable and globally available satellite internet on the horizon, SpaceX has been increasing it’s Starlink array over the past year,…

Share:

LATEST POSTS

How Secure is Your Password Today?

How Secure is Your Password Today?

A computer can guess more than 100,000,000,000 passwords per second. Still think yours is secure? Paul Haskell-Dowland, Edith Cowan University and Brianna O'Shea, Edith Cowan University Passwords have been used for thousands of years as a means of identifying...

Can robots write?

Can robots write?

Can robots write? Machine learning produces dazzling results, but some assembly is still required by Alexandra Louise Uitdenbogerd, RMIT University   You might have seen a recent article from The Guardian written by “a robot”. Here’s a sample: I know that my...

Towards A Post-Privacy World

Towards A Post-Privacy World

Towards a post-privacy world: proposed bill would encourage agencies to widely share your data Bruce Baer Arnold, University of Canberra The federal government has announced a plan to increase the sharing of citizen data across the public sector. This would include...